SHORT HISTORY OF THE BUSH SCHOOL POOLS
The school community built the pools in 1958 and 1965. A learn to swim club was formed soon after to teach local children to swim. It was called the SATURDAY SWIMMING CLUB, and it cost parents $2.50 per swimmer for a full season’s lessons from October to the following March. In 1974, the name changed to the BUSH SCHOOL LEARN TO SWIM CLUB and more structured classes were organised. The children have always been aged between 4 and 12 and range from beginners to quite advanced swimmers.
The Bush School is able to use the pools free of any cost as a part of the curriculum in the Key Learning Area of Personal Development and Health. The School has a fantastic facility which has been provided and maintained by the Parents of the School and the local Community for over 50 years.
Construction of the Large Pool in 1958